I can’t believe it’s been this long before I recapped this episode of The Daily Show. Because I was at the taping!! Here’s the proof:
A few tips on how to get tickets to TDS:
1. Tickets go on sale about 2 to 3 months before the air date.
2. Tickets go on sale around 10/11 am late in the week.
3. TDS tickets usually go slower than TCR tickets. So if 300-400 tickets go on sale on Thursday, you can probably wait until Saturday to purchase them.
4. You can purchase up to 4 tickets.
5. You may cancel at any time.
6. There are standby tickets, but it is not a guarantee you will get in.
7. After you go to a taping, you cannot go back to a show for six months.
Okay, we got there at 1:30 to get the tickets. You have two lines to go through, one to get tickets/seating, and another to go to the taping. By the time we got there, the line was already bowed into a second line. We started up a conversation with another mother/daughter duo from Colorado. Also, because it is a small world, the couple right behind us was from Louisville, KY! While we were waiting in the line, a comedian was filming a segment for his show (I didn’t know who this guy was, maybe Billy Eichner). Finally, at 2:30 the line started moving and we got our tickets. The TDS staff said to be back in line in two hours or our tickets would be forfitted. My mother and I went to a sports bar nearby for the next two hours and then we went back to the studio. We waited in line for about an hour and our seats were in the back row behind the sound mixer, I think (forgive me, it’s been a while and after I tell you what happened at The Colbert Report, you will understand).
I want to let you know that the studio is MUCH smaller than you think. Now, a comedian came out and told some jokes. Then finally Jon came out and asked a few questions. One question I remember is “Who was your drunkest guest?” Jon replied to the man, Jimmy Carter. Jon then went into a bad Carter impression. Then the show started. It was all a blur; completed in 45 minutes. Then the staff thanked us and we went back to our hotel. Yes, you will have to wait a while, but it is TOTALLY worth it!